We would like to extend our heartfelt thanks to those who are willingly making themselves available to volunteer at Achieve together. Here’s how you can volunteer to help and support others during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Support Worker roles: includes flexible shift working within domestic type properties, supporting people with a learning disability to engage in indoor & outdoor activity sessions.
- Support to take people out for their essential daily exercise, which will include walking and bike riding.
- Hosting online activities to keep the people we support occupied and engaged.
- Cooking and baking to help short-staffed services.
- Drivers to run daily journeys helping staff to get to work safely, conduct food shops and other deliveries.
- On-call Drivers, contactable to distribute essential PPE equipment from central supplies to local services.
- Welfare checks for teams; offering front line care workers a ‘buddy’ to chat to and talk about the challenges faced in their working day, share the ‘awesome moments’ and generally speak to someone outside the management line.
- Social Media/photography; people with an eye for marketing that want to contribute to the sector by capturing the ‘wow’ moments that take place in social care every day.
- Administration; to include bank/agency planning, rotas, staff return date planning, service and property file & compliance auditing, ensuring buildings, emergency plans and PEEP’s remain up to date and current, to relieve the pressure from Managers and Regional Managers.
- Recruitment advertisers: People willing to advertise our services in their windows at home, in their car windows and signpost people who may want a front-line social care job.
If you feel you have the time, resources and skills to fill any one of these roles, then we invite you to apply below for this rewarding voluntary work!
Alternatively, if you have any questions about volunteering at Achieve together feel free to get in touch at email@example.com.
Check out Achieve together’s work culture here.