Achieve together, a leading provider of specialist support for people with learning disabilities, autism and associated complex needs, are pleased today to have completed the acquisition of the residential, mental health, learning and physical disability services run by United Health Limited, a specialist support provider based in Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, and Sheffield.
Achieve together, which has over 25 years’ experience in providing the best specialist support to over 2,200 people across England and Wales, will now operate 9 residential services operated by United Health supporting an additional 99 people, and welcome onboard many wonderful team members who will continue their inspiring work delivering specialist support for adults with learning disabilities, mental health conditions and physical disabilities.
Alongside building on Achieve together’s existing expertise in delivering specialist support for people, the acquisition of United Health will strengthen Achieve together’s overall presence in the Midlands and will also enable further investment in team members, technology, and the services to support them to grow, develop and to uphold the very best standards of care and support.
As part of the transfer, the team members supporting United Health’s care services will benefit from access to Achieve together’s high-quality leadership, expert resources, and wide-ranging professional development opportunities, aimed at nurturing and driving skills and talents.
The values and ethos of the two organisations, based on their outcomes and collective person-centred approach, makes this partnership a natural fit which is intended to deliver long-term and positive impact for team members and those with PMLD and or mental health needs, receiving support.
The transfer completed on 4th August 2021, with all services and team members now transitioning into Achieve together.
This latest acquisition further consolidates Achieve together’s position as one of the UK’s leading provider of support for people living with complex needs, as it continues to drive quality and shape the future of high-quality, sustainable social care provision.
Sam Collier, Chief Operating Officer of Achieve together, said:
“We are incredibly excited and proud, to be welcoming United Health’s residential mental health, learning and physical disability services and dedicated teams, to Achieve together.
“As we all work together to deliver the best specialist support through the amazing teams, our networks, and our partnerships, including with families, we will remain focussed on collaboration and importantly, co-production.
“We are looking forward to working closely with each service, our new team members, the individuals we support and their families, as we embark on this new and exciting chapter together.”
Mandy Cheriton-Metcalfe, United Health, said:
“The reputation for the quality of care that United Health Ltd has earned over the last 25 years meant that any approach to hand over the reins of our services had to reflect the ethos and values of our own. So, when we entered into dialogue with Achieve together, we were confident that our Homes would be in safe hands protecting all our values and taking the services to greater things. We wish all the team at Achieve together every success and thank them for the commitment they have given to the residents, families and staff.”
Notes to editors:
About Achieve together
- Achieve together is one of the UK’s leading providers of specialist support for people with learning disabilities, autism and associated complex needs.
- It provides the best specialist support to over 2,200 young people and adults in over 390 services across England and Wales.
- Achieve together is dedicated to empowering the individuals it supports, helping them to live happy, healthy, and meaningful lives. It does this by supporting them to develop skills for life and healthy relationships, as well as helping to boost their confidence and self-esteem.
- The organisation harnesses over 25 years of expertise and insight in providing high-quality care and support, with its team of 6,000 compassionate and dedicated team members putting the people it supports, and their families, at the heart of everything they do.
- Achieve together has long been at the forefront of best practice across the sector and country, driving quality and standards, and leading by example.
- Achieve together’s latest Impact Report tracks and celebrates some of the key outcomes and milestones delivered within the last year, with highlights including:
- 92% of services rated Good or Outstanding.
- 100% of services in Wales rated compliant.
- Of the 2,200 people supported, over 97% said Achieve together is doing a good job, as does 95% of the relatives surveyed.
- As an excellent employer, alongside its 6,000 team members Achieve together also employs over 350 apprenticeships.
Contact the Achieve together press office:
Telephone: 0743 261 9216